Railway stations are proven catalysts for city centre change. Station investment can have a deep impact in terms of urban regeneration, transformation and local economic growth, providing gateways to the national rail network and to the neighbourhoods they serve.
As we transition from pandemic management to the task of building back and addressing a whole set of new problems, this year’s event examines the transformative role that investment in stations can play.
- Quick-wins - Investing in stations and the passenger experience post-COVID
- Strategic gains - Maximising the economic, social and environmental benefits to be gained from treating railway stations as primary development hubs
- Tactical opportunities - Boosting new station hubs as convenient amenities as well as securing key transport networks
- Responding effectively to immediate challenges - travel and retail trends and maximising new opportunities
2021 will see many opportunities for rail stations to support the ‘Build Back Better’ agenda by opening new connections and unlocking local development opportunities, releasing land value and driving revenues.
Check out this year's programme and the speakers who will provide real insights into:
- new policies – big picture overview
- devolution quickening transformation
- funding developments
- facilitating development and rail-led property development
- recovery partnerships and the implications for rail property development
- managing and delivering third-party projects
- showcasing development projects from the West Midlands, Dundee and South Shields PLUS a look at rural stations
With a fantastic line up of speakers from renowned organisations, this all-day event is one you shouldn’t miss out on, so book now!
There are supported local authority places available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org