INCOMING KINDERGARTEN PLAYDATES
Come meet other new Mill Hill Kindergarten students at the Mill Hill playground on the following dates:
Saturday, 7/23 at 9:00am
Thursday, 7/28 at 6:00pm
Wednesday, 8/3 at 3:30pm
Contact Kim Grant with any questions.
MEET THE TEACHER
Wednesday, August 31st 11:30-12:00pm
Stop by Mill Hill to meet your child's teacher and get a glimpse of their new classroom.
WELCOME BACK PLAYDATE
Wednesday, August 31st 12:00pm, Mill Hill Playground
Stop by the Mill Hill playground after Meet the Teacher to see some old friends and meet some new. The ice cream truck will be there with ice cream for purchase.
WELCOME BACK COFFEE ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Thursday, September 1st, 9:00am, All Purpose Room (APR)
After you see your children off for their first day of school, please join us in the APR for a Welcome Back Coffee. Meet other parents, learn about and sign up to help with various school programs, join the PTA, or just enjoy some coffee and treats.
AUTHOR BILL HARLEY VISIT
Thursday, September 8th
Bill Harley, the author of the spring's One Book, Two Schools Charlie Bumpers vs. The Teacher of the Year, will be visiting Mill Hill School and putting on two assemblies. The assembly for grades K-2 will run from 9:15-10:15am and the one for grades 3-5 will be from 10:30-11:30am. For any parents interested in attending, we will permit up to 50 parents to attend each assembly. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend. We will email all parents who RSVP a confirmation prior to the assembly.
MHS MENTOR PROGRAM 2016-2017
The PTA would like to make sure that all MHS families are aware that we have a mentor program, which started last year, thanks to Molli Hourihan. It's a simple yet important opportunity for families new to the Mill Hill community, allowing them to have a "go to" person for any general questions they may have, and to have a chance to meet before school starts.
Currently we are looking for volunteers to be mentors. Please e-mail Vanessa Greene at email@example.com if you are interested in being a mentor. We would like to have all volunteers signed up by August 5th at the latest. From there, the mentors will each be matched up with a new family, and the mentor should send an introduction email to the new family by August 17th.
We will also plan a summer coffee meet up for parents this summer before school starts and will send out the date in a few weeks. (The location will most likely be Starbucks or somewhere else low key and casual.) Feel free to get in touch with Vanessa Greene with any questions.
There are 8 open positions for the 2016-2017 school year. Below are some brief descriptions of the roles and the expected time commitment. Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Winter Games (2 positions): Grab a partner this winter and organize a fun evening of various games/events at different stations in and around the gym. (Historically this has been run by dads, but moms can certainly step up for this one!)
6. Wellness/Tools for Schools: Help ensure a healthy physical environment within our building.
5. Square1 Art: Distribute forms to the Mill Hill community, manage orders, etc. Occurs in early spring.
4. Reflections Art Contest: Distribute info about the art contest to the Mill Hill community, collect entries and submit to Reflections. Late November through beginning of January.
3. Holiday Craft: Organize a holiday craft for kids and their parent(s) in December one day after school. You decide the day and the craft!
1. President Elect: Act as an aide to the Presidents, perform the duties of the Presidents in the absence or inability of those officers to serve. Assist the Presidents in coordinating the work of the officers and Mill Hill PTA committees. (The Elect also assumes the responsibilities of the President the following year.)
2. Board of Education Budget Representative: Attend Board of Ed meetings once a month and report back to the PTA on budget issues.
8. Hospitality: Solicit volunteers to bring refreshments to the PTA meeting each month. Make sure that the PTA meetings all have a healthy supply of coffee!