MEET THE TEACHER
Wednesday, August 31st 11:30-12:00pm
Stop by Mill Hill to meet your child's teacher and get a glimpse of their new classroom.
WELCOME BACK PLAYDATE
Wednesday, August 31st 12:00pm, Mill Hill Playground
Stop by the Mill Hill playground after Meet the Teacher to see some old friends and meet some new ones. The ice cream truck will be there with ice cream for purchase.
WELCOME BACK COFFEE
Thursday, September 1st, 9:00am, All Purpose Room (APR)
Please join us in the APR for a Welcome Back Coffee on the first day of school. Meet other parents, learn about and sign up for volunteer opportunities, join the PTA, or just enjoy some coffee and treats.
AUTHOR BILL HARLEY VISIT
Thursday, September 8th
Bill Harley, the author of this past Spring's One Book, Two Schools Charlie Bumpers vs. The Teacher of the Year, will be visiting Mill Hill School and putting on two assemblies on Thursday, September 8th. The assembly for grades K-2 will run from 9:15-10:15am and the one for grades 3-5 will be from 10:30-11:30am. For any parents interested in attending, we will permit up to 50 parents to attend each assembly. Please RSVP to email@example.com if you would like to attend. We will email all parents who RSVP a confirmation prior to the assembly.
For all children interested in purchasing a signed copy of a Bill Harley book (15% of book sales go to the MH PTA), flyers to purchase books will be sent home with your child following the assembly.
MILL HILL OPEN HOUSE
Thursday, September 14th, 7:00pm
Save the date for the Mill Hill Open House night! Come see first day of school pictures, check out your child's classroom and hear from the teachers about what to expect this year. Information detailing the evening's schedule will be in an upcoming email from Mr. Chase.
PTA GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday, September 21st, 9:15 am social time/ 9:30 am meeting start
This is the first general meeting of the year and we encourage all available to attend to learn more about what is going on at Mill Hill. For those with the time and interest, this is also a great way to find out about various opportunities to get involved.
FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
Friday, September 23rd, 6:00 pm
Grab a blanket and your family and come join other Mill Hill families on the playground lawn for a movie night on the big screen. Movie to be determined.
Gates open at 6:00pm, movie to start about 7:00pm
5th Grade Activities will sell pizza, drinks and snacks.
Bring a chair or blanket.
Cost: $10.00 per family for PTA members/$12.00 per family for non-PTA members.
MHS MENTOR PROGRAM 2016-2017
The PTA would like to make sure that all MHS families are aware that we have a mentor program, which started last year, thanks to Molli Hourihan. It's a simple yet important opportunity for families new to the Mill Hill community, to have a "go to" person for any general questions they may have, and to have a chance to meet their mentor before school starts. All new families have been assigned a mentor. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are still a few open positions for the 2016-2017 school year. Below are some brief descriptions of the roles and the expected time commitment. Interested? Contact email@example.com
4. Wellness/Tools for Schools: Help ensure a healthy physical environment within our building.
3. Square1 Art: Distribute forms to the Mill Hill community, manage orders, etc. Occurs in early spring.
2. Reflections Art Contest: Distribute info about the art contest to the Mill Hill community, collect entries and submit to Reflections. Late November through beginning of January.
1. President Elect: Act as an aide to the Presidents, perform the duties of the Presidents in the absence or inability of those officers to serve. Assist the Presidents in coordinating the work of the officers and Mill Hill PTA committees. (The Elect also assumes the responsibilities of the President the following year.)
5. Advertising in the Mill Hill Directory: Help raise money for Mill Hill School by soliciting advertisements from Mill Hill family businesses and/or local businesses for our school directory.