EXTENDED STREET CLOSURE
Dates: Tuesday, September 20 to Saturday, September 24, 2022
Location: W. School Street, between N. Sheffield Avenue and N. Wilton Avenue
Work Hours: 8pm to 4am, continuous 24/7 street closure
Work Activity: Track Support Structure Installation
- W. School Street between the N. Sheffield Avenue and N. Wilton Avenue will be closed to vehicular and bicycle traffic.
- The street closure will be set-up between the hours of 12am-5am Monday night into Tuesday morning, and will be taken down by 7am Saturday morning.
- Sidewalk closures within the work zone, underneath the CTA tracks will alternate between the north and south sides of W. School Street.
- One sidewalk will remain open with flagger assistance when necessary.
- Access to the alleys via W. School Street will be prohibited until the work activity is completed.
- Access to the parking garage at 3301 N. Sheffield will be maintained.
- Residents south of W. School Street will need to access the alley via W. Belmont Avenue.
- The contractor will provide alternative parking for impacted residents at 3301-3351 N. Sheffield Avenue.
- If you need further information about alternative parking, please contact the contractor, Walsh-Fluor, at 708-253-9772.
- N. Wilton Avenue will be northbound only between W. School Street and W. Belmont Avenue.
- The contractor will maintain garbage and recycling pickup.
- There will be noise while work is being performed, including nighttime noise. Noise will include:
- General construction noise
- Noise from crane lifting and setting equipment
- Beeping from backup alarms on construction equipment and vehicles
- There will be light in the work area