The Missions Committee of the Presbytery of Southern California (PSC) is pleased to announce plans for our newest field:
Thousand Oaks, CA
Thousand Oaks is the second-largest city in Ventura County, California. It is located approximately 40 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles, has a population of 130,000, and is adjacent to Simi Valley (with a population of 125,000). It is situated along Highways 101/210 and lies between our churches in Oxnard and Pasadena.
OPC minister, the Rev. Caleb Smith, has had a vision for planting a church in this location for quite some time. The Missions Committee agrees that now is the time.
Here's the plan, for which we ask your prayers:
- In January 2020 Caleb will fly out from Philadelphia (where he currently serves as an associate pastor alongside Rev. Mark Sallade at Calvary OPC of Glenside, PA), to meet with the Credentials Committee of our Presbytery.
- In February he will return to be presented to the members of the PSC and to be examined in theology.
- Then in June Caleb will pack things up and head west, along with his wife, Erika, and their two sons (see photos).
- For the period of one year, from June 2020 to June 2021, Caleb and family will worship mainly with the the saints at Anaheim Hills OPC and be mentored by church planting Pastor Chris Hartshorn. During that time Caleb will also be developing a core group from the many contacts he and Erika already have in the area of Thousand Oaks. Erika is from Ventura County.
- The hopes are that the Lord will prosper Caleb's labor (and ours with him!) during that time so that, in June of 2021, we can we can launch our next mission work ...
in Thousand Oaks California!
Please pray for this exciting opportunity.
Yours in our Savior,
Home Missionary Dave Crum