With the governor’s new recommendations regarding limiting gatherings and social distancing we’d like to explain what we’re doing here as a community acupuncture office to minimize risk of infection. We are well under the 250 person upper limit for a gathering, and under the 10 person limit for higher-risk for severe illness as long as people accompanying the patient minimize the time spent in office.
- We ask that those accompanying the patient remain in their cars for the bulk of the treatment time to keep the number of people in office low.
- We have adjusted all the chairs to be at least 6 feet apart between headrests at the centers of the chairs. We do not have enough space to ensure 6 feet of distance between handrests.
- We are wiping down all high-contact hard surfaces more frequently with disinfectant and alcohol.
- All chair mats continue to be wiped down between patients. All chair mats, sheets, and blankets are being washed more frequently.
- We ask that if you have a fever, are frequently coughing, or need to frequently blow your nose that you NOT COME IN FOR A TREATMENT. We know that not all coughs or runny noses are contagious and so we have masks available in the waiting area just as you come into the hallway.
Per government agencies we must all work to minimize the risk of spreading. Thank you to all of you who over the years have protected the community and the safety of this office by keeping yourselves home when you feel sick or worry about being contagious to others. We’re monitoring the situation as it develops and will update our operations accordingly. Depending on attendance we may have to modify hours or days. So please make sure to check availability via the main website, the scheduling website, or the outgoing voicemail message. Thank you again to all of you and be safe.