Hi all - please see below a message from our colleagues at Healthwatch Lambeth about a some research they're doing with local over-65s about the social care system and where it needs improving. Please do get in touch if you or someone you know are over 65 and have experience of social care. If you need some help getting in touch, speak to the Link Worker at your GP surgery.
Putting a face to an unmet need:
a feedback opportunity for over 65s
The social care system exists to support people who might be struggling to look after themselves. It is there to help with keeping us safe, healthy and looking after ourselves. But not everyone that needs support is getting it, and not everyone that reaches out to ask for help is successful. If this sounds familiar, we would love for you to share your story with us.
Healthwatch Lambeth are doing interviews and speaking to people like you, who feel overlooked or underserved by the current social care system. We would like to speak to adults over 65 to understand how your care needs or responsibilities impact your lives, whether your needs are being met by social services and find out if can be done to support you.
These interviews will be used to create case studies to support Healthwatch England in arguing for improvements to the social care system. We know that the current system leaves many people feeling they do not get the support they need. Being able to show the real experiences of people like you will help us make the argument for a better social care system more powerfully.
To be eligible you need to:
· Live in Lambeth
· Be over 65 years old
· Have care needs, however you understand this, that you need support with
· Have had an assessment with adult social care recently or are thinking of asking for one (it does not matter if you were not found eligible for support)
· Interviews will last approximately 45 minutes and can be face to face or online
· Interpreters are available if English is not your first language
· There will be an opportunity to share your story with the media, but this is completely up to you. If this isn’t for you, are still welcome to be interviewed anonymously.
Visit the Age UK Lambeth website for additional useful information by clicking HERE. Also click HERE to see the fantastic monthly calendar of events for our My Social service. Encourage your members to sign up as a FREE member to get the monthly programme.
Find Age UK Lambeth on line and follow us on social media
Age UK Lambeth is a registered charity (1063497) and a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales No. 03252067. Registered Office: Third Floor, We are 336, 336 Brixton Road, London, SW9 7AA. ID10061 06/13