APRIL 1, 2018 – NEWSLETTER #10
• Pluralsight, a Utah-based provider of online courses for technology professionals, has filed with the SEC to pursue an initial public offering. This is the latest tech startup to join a herd of companies going public after Dropbox's successful IPO. With 640 employees, Pluralsight has raised $238 million in financing.
• Udacity launched a dedicated School of AI (Artificial Intelligence) with three dedicated nanodegrees, created in collaboration with corporations such as Nvidia, Affective, Amazo Alex and IBM Watson.
• NVIDIA has launched a developer certification program through its Deep Learning Institute. These credentials will initially be offered for two hands-on courses: “Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Computer Vision” and “Fundamentals of Accelerated Computing with CUDA C/C++.” For its online solution, NVIDIA built an Open edX ecosystem, in partnership with IBL Education.
• NVIDIA's CEO Jensen Huang announced, during the annual GPU Conference, new GPU technologies promising to slash the cost of delivering deep learning-powered computing services.
• Aiming to fill skill gaps in AI, Microsoft made available to the public its Professional Program in AI, which provides job-ready skills and real-world experience to engineers.
• The U.S. New and Global Report has published its 2018 ranking of American graduate programs, including the best AI specializations.
• A company called Clipisode released a new podcast service described as a "talk show in a box", which allows to record a video, collect video responses and easily share it.
• LMS platforms might get lost in the online crowd if they lack a comprehensive web presence. Gordon L. Johnson marketing expert advocates the use of SEO techniques along with learning technology.
• Uber has selected the EduMe microlearning platform for its EMEA region. Bite-sized, interactive sessions will show drivers how to use the Uber app and provide tips about customer service.
The IBL newsletter is a topic-curated email report compiled by Michael Amigot, Founder at IBL Education, a company specialized in Open edX technology and video course production. If you enjoy what you read please consider forwarding it. Click here to subscribe.
IBL Newsletter #9 – March 15, 2018
IBL Newsletter #8 – March 1, 2018
IBL Newsletter #7 – February 2018
IBL Newsletter #6 – January 31, 2018
IBL Newsletter #5 – January 15, 2018
IBL Newsletter #4 – December 2017
IBL Newsletter #3 – November 2017
IBL Newsletter #2 – October 2017
IBL Newsletter #1 – September 2017