|ASD News and Views:
Listen to KNSJ 89.1 or TuneIn Radio app.
- Our members were out in force on Sun, March 15 for the Climate March. We met hundreds of you and got juicy interviews that you will be hearing on KNSJ
- On Mon the 16th ASD's general meeting, thanks to Lucy Larom, focused on Energy, Climate Change and Global Security. The powerfully dynamic presentation by Rear Admiral Leendert “Len” Hering Sr. USN,(retired), a prominent military and civilian sustainability leader with a broad background in energy and environmental issues. He had a huge impact on our audience. Everyone appreciated his passion and system change perspective to prevent climate change.
- Big changes for LOCAL music on KNSJ. Last week almost 20 musicians, DJs, radio producers, spoken word artists, & event organizers gathered to reimagine what it would mean to have a local radio station focus on local music and culture. We will be sharing big news about new local radio shows that will provide an alternative format from 9 PM to 5 AM and connect us with the local music scene. If interested in joining in, send an email to music@KNSJ.org
- Please forward on Facebook and email the information about George Mann's concert coming up this Saturday far and wide!
- Two ASD board members attended a nationwide conference on "Impact Investment" where socially conscious investors put venture capital into organizations like ours. We explored alternative funding for our nonprofit org.
- ASD-KNSJ has initiated a venture with Sungevity solar panels. If you are interested in installing solar panels on your home we can give you a free estimate that will give you a $750 rebate and a $750 finders fee to support ASD-KNSJ. We will give you a code for the discounts...Call 619-871-9354 for details
- Sign-up to volunteer on EarthDay in Balboa Park! 619-283-1100
for the NEW SCHEDULE
Join us for an inspiring evening of food and music
Don't miss George Mann as he sings songs from the last century of labor and social activism, and his own songs are powerful and funny takes on the state of the nation. His concerts are part sing-along, part history lesson, and he can make you shout for joy, send chills down your spine or bring tears to your eyes in the same set.
George is particularly interested in breaking down the barrier between performer and audience, sharing stories and the history of the songs he sings and writes as he takes you on a free-flowing musical journey.
Order ticket now and save. 619-283-1100 Volunteer veggie cooks needed, get in free: Call us. More Event info...
*Join us at the 'Black & Brown Lives Matter Coalition'
Tues. March. 24 th ~ 7 PM
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday: Originally convened by Activist San Diego and our partners seeking to create and ongoing coalition for racial and social justice. We need your participation. Help us strategize, organize and mobilize.
Activist Center: 4246 Wightman, SD 92105
Meeting every 2 weeks on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.
We meet in solidarity national efforts to build a people's movement in Ferguson/St. Louis and countless other cities. Our intent is to establish a permanent presence in this work with a new generation of activists. JOIN US! * PLEASE ATTEND THIS MEETING: Read more
We value your feedback, participation and advice; e-mail info@ActivistSanDiego.org
*Join Activist San Diego
Join ASD as a member! In so doing you are helping us mobilize, educate and sustain activism. Our challenge: to close the current $1000-a-month deficit we currently have incurred running your brilliantly-progressive community radio station
and developing the racial justice organizing
that ASD is helping lead in SD. We need you and San Diego desperately needs progressive activists like us! Join Now!
Save the Che Cafe! Eviction Notice Posted !
SIGN THE PETITION NOW! -Read more
Sign the Emergency Petition
On March 15, 2015 the collective received a letter from the UCSD administration stating that it will now go ahead and post the final eviction order, the 5-day notice to vacate our home of 35 years, the C.H.E. Cafe...
~~~~~~~ This Activist e-Newsletter is Vital~~~~~~~~~
- If each of the 1300 of you who receive this newsletter donated $2-$5 a month, we'd become a more powerful organization. We will reward you with SD Rep Tickets and more.
- If a few more of you would invest 5-10 times that amount we'd be powerfully transformative organization.
YOUR DONATED CARS ARE WELCOMED TOO
We get your car to a worthy activist & it funds social justice!
~ Collective Convergence ~
Sat. March 28th 10-6
The San Diego Collective Housing Convergence seeks to share resources, information and space with each other in order to build a more cohesive San Diego collectives community as a project of resistance to the individualist, capitalist system. Read more...
Let's be social media friends too.
"Like us and FOLLOW ASD" on Facebook
"Like us and FOLLOW KNSJ" on Facebook
|Room for RENT for Activists! $435-$500
Join a Cooperative Living, shared home; believe in social justice? , (City Heights near Univ. Ave bus)
Live your values!An intentional community is possible, right here in San Diego! We are seeking... See More
Voice of the People. We survive and thrive only through your donations
Everyone welcome, Join us, get involved 619-283-1100 See you at the KNSJ General meeting 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month. Join us March 26th @ 7
at 4246 Wightman, SD 92105.
For more info 619-283-1100
Listen to KNSJ.org and KNSJ 89.1 fm
Download the I-Tunes or TuneIn Radio App
A surprising quick and easy way to listen to KNSJ
Click below, then be sure to "Follow" us!
PLEASE 'like us' on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/KNSJfm