5 Mistakes Data Vendors Commonly Make
Avoid these common traps and keep your clients happy.
- Great Sales, Bad Delivery: The sales team closed the deal and it's time to deliver the actual data. Poorly organized files with no meta data and little documentation are the biggest cause for a frustrating onboarding process
- No Quickstart Instructions: You presented a great story and case study but the client cannot easily verify our claims. They spin their wheels just to recreate what you already did
- Reinvent the Wheel: To deliver data to clients, you need build APIs, ftp servers, S3 buckets etc complete with authentication and security. Vendors typically build their own infrastructure which is not only expensive to build and maintain but also means clients have to build custom pipes
- Not Cloud Ready: Is ftp still the only thing you have to offer? Your clients are moving to the cloud and so should you
- No usage analytics: You sell data so clients can make better decisions yet you have little data to make better decisions yourself
The solution to all this? DataBolt Pipe provides turnkey solutions to efficiently distribute data to your clients.
- Turnkey Infrastructure: Use managed infrastructure, no need to build and maintain separate APIs, AWS S3 buckets and ftp servers
- Simple Web GUI: Non-technical users from sales and product teams can distribute data without involving your engineering team
- Usage Analytics: Get download confirmations and daily usage statistics to measure engagement by client
- Unified Delivery: Common use cases across clients are addressed with standard formats, richer meta data and common open-source libraries