Theme: The Other Burger
It's summertime and the burgers are on the grill. If you've got the vegetarian contingency coming over for festivities, or you just want to try something new and delicious...consider the 'shroom. Soak your portobello mushrooms (sans stems) in balsamic and roasted garlic for at least an hour (really let those flavors get in there) and then pop those babies on the grill. Char to your preference.
New Site Referrals:
$100 gift certificate for our existing customers who set up new delivery site w/ 5+ members to start. Contact Paige.
- Stuff in the store now - JARS OF TOMATO PUREE and more. Check it out right on the main ORDER page.
- Log in to your account here.
Please don't WASTE food and energy.
Tuesday delivery: Saturday
- Our veggie guarantee: if you think something's not right, let customer service know!!
- Tip: Any item you would cook, you can also freeze.
- Tip 2: A dull knife conspires against you and slows you down. A sharp knife makes your food taste better (and look better, too). NY Times
- Any green needs to be as dry as possible, wrapped in a paper towel in a plastic bag and kept in the fridge crisper.
|Red & White Cherries
Rainier cherries are especially large, premium sweet cherries developed by researchers at Washington State University. Highly prized for their superb flavor and bright, blushing hue. Fix Brothers Farm
Storage: Keep in the crisper up to 5 days. Keep very dry.
Rainier Cherry Crumble
Savory Cherry Almond Salad
Shockingly sweet and perfect with peas & pea shoots. The WTF, CSA segment on the Huffington Post
has a dozen or so Kohlrabi recipes. You can trim off any hard parts, but just use a scrubber - no need to peel. Kohlrabi can be eaten raw, boiled, roasted, mashed, and fried. It can also be stuffed, steamed, or added to soups. Barber Farm
Storage: Up to a 5 days in the crisper for the greens, kohlrabi should last weeks.
Kohlrabi and Pea Shoots
Kohlrabi with Apples
Kohlrabi with Radishes
Butter Braised Kohlrabi
—Trust us, your children will thank you for making these
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the kohlrabi into 1/8 inch rounds. This works best with a mandoline-however a sharp knife and a steady hand will do the trick.
- Toss the kohlrabi with oil, salt, pepper and cayenne. Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven until golden brown and crisp on all sides. About 15-20 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking. Depending on the size of each chip they will finish at different times. Remove the chips as needed and return the pan with the remaining chips to cook as long as needed.
- While the kohlrabi cooks prepare the dip. Combine all the ingredients for the “ranch” in a food processor or use an immersion blender. Process until smooth and well combined. Taste test and add more seasonings or water to thin.
- Serve kohlrabi chips with the ranch dip and a sprinkle of more salt and pepper. Enjoy!
For the healthy ranch dip:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 Tablespoons water + more to thin if necessary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- fine sea salt and pepper to taste
|English Shelling Peas
Don't eat the shells! They're too tough to eat, so we like to save them for stock instead. We consider it a travesty to eat these anyway but raw. If you feel you must cook them, put in boiling water for a couple minutes. Peas and mint pair well together. Melt butter, then mix in finely chopped mint and add to peas. Migliorelli Farm
Storage: Up to a week in the fridge, keep dry.
English Peas with Mint
Fresh Pea Salad
Put fresh salads on your table as often as you can. For a more filling and flavorful boost add roasted nuts, died cranberries, roasted sunflower seeds, shaved parmesan, or chick peas. Markristo Farm
Storage: Up to a week in the crisper, store with a paper towel.
5 Essential Salad Dressings
- Herb & Allium: Chervil & Scallions Letterbox Farm (OG)
- Fruit: Cherries Fix Brothers Farm (FAM)
- Cheese: Salted Butter Kreimhild Dairy
- Bread: Baguette Cafe Le Perche
- Pasta: Sweet Red Pepper Orecchiette Knoll Krest Storage: Use within a week refrigerated, or freeze for 1 month.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key for growing methods:
- CO - Certified Organic
- OG - Organically Grown (farm uses organic methods but does not have certification).
- IPM - Integrated Pest Management (methods used to reduce the use of pesticides and chemical fertilizers).
- FAM - Family farm (farm often uses organic and IPM methods but may also use chemical fertilizers and pesticides. As a general rule small farms use far fewer chemicals than large industrialized operations).
- Non-GMO - None of our products are GMO.