Interim key findings
The purpose of the ‘Project Ipukarea Roadshows’ were to:
- identify the key unmet needs of owners
- provide an opportunity for owners to put forward ideas and initiatives to address these unmet needs, and
- prioritise the areas the Board should focus their resources.
This research forms part of an overall 20 year strategy about how to direct the activities of the Trust and how to differentiate itself.
The top priority area identified by owners is knowledge.
The top unmet needs identified at the roadshows were:
- Te reo, tikanga, knowledge of history
- Accessibility to educational scholarships
- Support for kaumatua – housing and health
- Understanding the demographics of the members
- Collaboration with other iwi Trusts
- Role models and mentors
- Promotion and support of trade employment
- Unemployed/uneducated school leavers
- Participation – getting whanau to Motueka
- Strong communication
- Rangatahi empowerment
Many unmet needs have been identified, now it’s your chance to have your say and put forward your ideas and initiatives on how these unmet needs could be addressed. Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you getting ready for Ohu Maatu and our hui a tau next year? We are already planning an exciting programme for you and look forward to seeing you all back in Motueka. So put these dates in your diary - 22-24 April 2016.
We need your help! As at 31 August we had 626 registered members who we have no contact details for. That's a lot of members out there who are not connected. Can you help us re-connect with your whanau? We know many of you will know at least some of these members so we are asking you to go to our website, look at the names and if you can provide a valid email address for them please do so via email to email@example.com before 31 October.
All people who provide valid email addresses leading to re-connection of 'lost' members go in the draw to win $1,000. The more valid re-connections you provide, the more chances you have to win. Terms and conditions on website.
So come on whanau, help your Trust and earn some Christmas spending money! Click here to go to our website for the list of names.
There are two scholarships yet to be awarded in 2015, the Supreme scholarship for 2nd year tertiary students or higher in any field of study, and a Post graduate scholarship. Applications close 31 October. Click here for further details, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 548 0770.