As the COVID-19 (Corona Virus) situation continues to evolve, we would like to update our clients on the firm’s current position. Our view is to focus on the health and well being of our people, our clients and our communities as our first priority by taking an informed, sensible and practical approach. We are doing this by ensuring our approach is always based on the most up to date expert medical advice of Australian authorities.
Thankfully we have no reported or confirmed cases of COVID-19 relating to our people at present.
FMA Partners remains fully operational and all our client work will continue to operate as normal. It is also important to us that we continue to assist our clients and the community during these challenging times. This will include advising on responses to Government initiatives (see link to our latest newsletter below) and providing you with critical and timely business advice including cash flow and budgeting measures.
To ensure we can provide the highest standard of continuing service to you we are adopting the following measures:
- At present, we are limiting the amount of visitors to our office and therefore our preference is to hold face to face video conferencing or phone call meetings. Of course, email also continues to be an option. If these options are not suitable, please raise this and we can discuss alternative options with you if circumstances permit.
- For meetings already scheduled (both in or out of our office), our team will be in contact to discuss if alternate arrangements need to be made. If you feel unwell or have been overseas in the last 14 days, we respectfully request that you do not visit our office and contact us to re-schedule.
- If you do visit our office, hand sanitiser is available when you arrive and all office spaces and meeting rooms are wiped down after every meeting. We continue to reinforce our office protocols regarding good hygiene.
Providing Documents or Signing Documents
- As you are aware, FMA Partners is a paperless office and we prefer to send and receive documents electronically. If we have requested information from you or you would like to submit documents to our office that are too big for email, please contact our office for a secure OneDrive link to upload documents to.
- In line with current practices, we will continue to facilitate electronic signatures for documents through our online signature gateways (XERO and DocuSign).
- Our team are fully equipped to hold video and audio meetings via Microsoft Teams or alternative platforms of choice (Zoom, GoToMeeting etc).
- We have a robust IT infrastructure in place enabling all of our people to work remotely and securely should they be required.
If you have any questions or concerns about your interactions with FMA Partners during this time, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We will continue to provide updates as more information from Government and Health organisations comes to hand.