Hello Grumbacher Instructors!
Announcement: New Program Changes
This Newsletter will be focused entirely on the new program changes that your stores may have begun announcing already.
Below you will find the comprehensive breakdown of all changes that are coming to the Grumbacher Art Program effective February 26th, 2017. Please read through this as thoroughly as possible and save it to your files! As you will see, there are changes pertaining to pay rates, class types and styles, as well as supplies. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your Michaels store manager, or your CEM (Customer Experience Manager).
Changes to Grumbacher Art Program:
• All changes go into effect on February 26th, 2017
• Beginning on February 26th, 2017, the store will provide the instructor with the supplies they need to teach their classes
• All teaching supplies will be kept in the classroom
• Students should purchase their own supplies to use for class
• There will be no kids fine art classes after February 26th, 2017
Beginning on February 26th, 2017 there will be the following types of classes:
1. FREE Basic Classes:
Basic: Make-It Class Cost: Classes are free with the purchase of supplies paid by the student
Compensation: Please see store for details
Project: Projects will be updated monthly
Scheduling: Pre-scheduled nation-wide class time (see store management for class dates)
Supplies: Projects vary, and supplies used vary based on the project
2. Advanced: Learn a Skill:
Advanced: Learn a Skill Class Cost: Class costs $25 per student, plus cost of supplies paid by the student.
Compensation: There have been changes to the compensation for paid classes; please see store management for details.
Project: 2 Types of Classes
1. Themed Classes - Acrylic I and Drawing I. Each month, there will be a new themed lesson plan to be taught by the instructor.
2. Instructor's Choice
Instructor’s Choice Acrylic Class Categories:
- still life
Instructor’s Choice Drawing Class Categories:
Scheduling: Scheduled by working with store management and may be scheduled any day/time that doesn’t already have something from the Support Center scheduled.
- Please note the class syllabus includes a 40% off coupon for students regarding supplies for the class. Please point this out to your students to ensure that they buy these branded supplies on the syllabus.
Advanced Drawing Class Supplies:
- Koh-I-Noor Gioconda Drawing Set
- Strathmore Drawing Pad
Advanced Acrylic Class Supplies:
Grumbacher Academy Acrylic Colors:
- Process Cyan
- Process Magenta
- Process Yellow
- Titanium White
- Burnt Umber
- Goldenedge short-handle 3/4" oval wash brush
- Goldenedge short-handle round #6
- 9” x 12” canvas panel
Please speak with the management at your store if you have any questions about these new program changes. We thank you for your patience during this transition. As always, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have or if you find that this program no longer meets your needs.