Great research project ... by Volkswagen
We teamed up with our CSR-Partner Volkswagen who commissioned a YouGov survey (n>1,000) on some of the most burning issues of road safety. The first topic of this survey we want to zoom in is related to child car seats.
The key findings are:
* only 34% of parents who legally should have a child car seat, actually own one
* only 31% of those who do own a car seat 'always' ask their children to buckle up
Reasons for not buckling up children:
* 40% state 'My kids do not like to be strapped in'
* 29% state 'I am a safe driver and will not be involved in accidents'
* 24% state 'It's not needed on short trips'
We urge all stakeholders like education institutions, corporations and parents to take their responsibility seriously and to make sure to do everything possible to make sure children are safely strapped into proper child car seats!
Here is a great example of the media coverage in The National.