This Thursday Night we will be holding a Special General Meeting. Please see below the previous communication sent out. If you are not able to make it in person, please ensure that you fill out a proxy form and have it back to Kait Hastie by Tuesday evening.
Hope to see you at the Club!
DETAILS OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING OF
PARK ORCHARDS FOOTBALL CLUB
In accordance with the Rules of the Association Park Orchards Football Netball Club, notice is hereby given of a Special General Meeting for the Park Orchards Football Netball Club, as follows:
Date: Thursday 31st August, 2017 – 7.30pm sharp.
Location: Club Rooms at Domeney Reserve, Knees Road, Park Orchards
The business of the Special General Meeting is hereby provided:
The Committee propose the use of an additional refreshed logo for the Park Orchards Football Netball Club (Sharks Senior Club). We ask Members to support a resolution in approving an additional logo for the Senior Club to use in matters such as marketing, apparel and letterheads.
Park Orchards Senior Club was formed in 2011, and continued to use the logo that had been established by the Park Orchards North Ringwood Parish Junior Football Club. (Please see logo below).
As with many organisations, businesses, and clubs, all logos are refreshed to ensure that they stay up to date with current trends and branding opportunities. As such the Park Orchards Football Netball Club seek approval from its members for use of an additional logo.
Proposed Additional Logo
The proposed additional logo is important for the Senior Club for two main reasons:
1. The new revitalised logo uses the clubs historical logo as its base and adds a border which is more modern and has greater brand identity in the use of the words ‘Park Orchards’.
2. Incorporates the word ‘Netball’. It is important for the club to recognise our Netball division.
Proposed Uses of Logo
The current logo will remain in use for official documentation, honour boards and items where the tie in with our junior club and history are deemed necessary. The proposed logo will be used for use deemed appropriate by the committee including documentation, apparel, social media, marketing etc.
The member agrees to pass the following special resolution.
The Rules of Club be amended in order that an additional logo be used by the Committee of Management in accordance with the powers specified pursuant to clause 20(2) of the Rules as follows
1. The existing Logo is to be used as follows
- On the Clubs Honour Boards
- For historical correspondence
- Website content pages when referring to the history of the club and junior club
2. The new additional logo is to be used as follows
- On Club’s apparel and merchandise
- On any social media formats
- On the Club signage (excluding the Clubs Honour Board)
As required by the clubs constitution and link to the Park Orchards North Ringwood Parish Junior Football Club (PONRPJFC), the motion seeking approval will then need to also be ratified and passed by PONRPJFC members. The Senior Club have been in discussions with the Junior Club Committee in regards to the new logo format and have in principal agreement as to the addition of another logo for the senior club to use.
Option to Vote by Proxy
As in accordance with the Constitution of Park Orchards Football Club (Point 12:d and 19) all eligible members may wish to appoint another member who is eligible to vote as a proxy for this meeting.
A proxy form has been attached if any member is unable to make this special general meeting. Please ensure that any members wishing to vote by Proxy have returned their proxy forms to the Secretary – Kait Hastie in person or mail to PO Box 120, Park Orchards 3114 at least 48hrs prior to the Special General Meeting.
The below forms are attached for your perusal:
• Proxy Vote form
• Extract of the constitutional rules pertaining to any logo change.
• Images of the existing club logo that will continue in use, and the proposed additional logo that we are seeking approval from our members.
We look forward to seeing you on the 31st August, 2017 at Domeney Reserve. Please feel free to join us from 7.30pm with refreshments available from the bar before and after our meeting.