Dear <<First Name>>
In this update:
Do you know of, or have on your own property a a) derelict stone house (crumbling walls) with a trail leading up to it b) wooded hillside with small stone cottage at base and c) a gorge with a creek.
- Trader and Chamber Forum - Geoff Vickers will be attending the Trader and Chamber forum on Monday 21 July . This event will also be attended by chamber groups from our region and consist of a Q and A panel and discussions on topics including:
Local Laws - includes parking, signage, street, decorations & banners, Planning, Community Development, Urban Design – Streetscapes and townships, Traffic & Investigations and Economic Development. For more information contact Donna.
- Local Tourism Education and Trade Fair – The Yarra Valley Regional Tourism Association and Dandenong Ranges Tourism are holding a combined networking / information and trade fair event for members at York on Lilydale on Tuesday 19 August from 4:00pm until 6:30pm. Expressions of interest are invited from members who seek to showcase their business, products and services. See the link for more info.
- BEAR project - a survey is currently being road tested with several local business before being made available to all members. We look forward to having your input and sharing the results.
- Call out for location suggestions – Nichole Walkling from Definition Films (producers of the recently released film FELL, which was shot around Warburton forests) is looking for help to find a couple of locations for their next film.
- We have been notified of the Victorian Trail Running Festival in Warburton between Friday 31 October and Monday 3 November 2014. Various road closures will apply. Please mark your diary accordingly.
- Riverside Drive between Giffords Road intersections from noon on Friday to Monday at 5:00pm
- Yuonga Road, between Donna Buang Road and Piedmont Avenue from Saturday 8:30am to Monday 9:00am
- Martyr Road between Dammans Road and Wellington Road on Saturday between 11:00am and 2:00pm
- Riverside Drive, section including Big Pat’s Creek Road, between Giffords Road and Big Pat’s Creek Road on Saturday between 8:30pm – 10:00pm, on Sunday from 11:00am – 2:30pm and on Monday from 9:30am – noon.
Contact and Emergency Contact Details during the event
Mr Greg Donovan, Director – Born to Run Foundation
In the news
Lilydale Leader - A boost in tourism funding to benefit the region. Read the full article here.
- Membership renewals - now overdue! - Thank you to everyone who has made their payment and/or updated their details. An official reminder notice will also go out this week, so please pop this on the things to do now list, if you haven't already done so.
- The next meeting of Warburton Valley CEDA is Thursday 24 July 2014 at 10am in the boardroom at the Warburton Community Bank. Members welcome to attend – please RSVP to this email, or submit any questions or comments in writing for the committee.
Want to find or share info about Warburton Valley CEDA online?
We have a dedicated page on the Upper Yarra Community Enterprise website click here.
The Warburton Valley CEDA Committee
Email: CEDA@upperyarra.net.au or tel 03 5966 9028.