Do You Use ISIS or Other Student Data?
We Need to Hear from You!
The Student Information System (SIS) project, part of the Enterprise Systems Renewal (ESR) program, has launched!
SIS will optimize core business and administrative practices to deliver a new student system that will effectively meet the needs of our growing university.
Before selecting a new solution, we need to thoroughly understand current business processes and data uses.
We’ve Been Working with Campus
ESR project teams have been working with data users from across campus, Health and Scripps Institution of Oceanography to document and analyze requirements and help data users transition to new systems.
Now We’re Asking You!
To evaluate student information needs and create meaningful requirements for a new system, we need to hear how you use data from ISIS, QueryLink and any other tools that use student data in your current business processes and systems.
Complete a Data Use Inventory
Inventories completed by November 7, 2019 will be included in the first round of SIS team reviews for vendor requirements.
- Check the inventory to see if maybe your process has already been documented in the Data User Inventory status report.
- Consult with others in your department involved in workflows, business processes or application development:
- Departmental staff
- IT support staff
- Departmental Security Officers (DSA)
- Department/Divisional Business Officers (DBO)
- Document your business process or system in the Data Use Inventory form, esr.ucsd.edu/data-inventory.
Note that while the inventory form will remain open through SIS system implementation for documenting data transition needs, entries submitted after the November closing date will not be included in the initial review for SIS vendor requirements.
Contact the ESR Continuity Planning team with inventory questions.
Your Student Information System Project Team