Five Reasons To Renounce Halloween
October 30, 2015
- Foundationally, its roots are evil; its history does not stem forth from anything wholesome.
- Centrally, those who love to support this holiday are self-proclaimed witches and warlocks. Those who like darkness and all things centered on death, fancy this so-called holiday.
- Directionally, it promotes a lifestyle of darkness, vampires, blood, murder, gore and ghouls. There is an infatuation with the vile and the violent.
- Spiritually, this holiday uses “Fun” to lure children to its hook. Children see smiles, laughs, candy, parades and costumes; they simply want the fun, and the invitation is presented in such a way that it is difficult to reject. Halloween offer all things sweet, while masking an agenda that is nothing sweet or good. No good thing comes of it, and no God thing is ever present in it.
- Internally, it is persona driven using costumes that teach children to want to be something else or someone else. This is not about dress-up for playing or putting on a play; this is an invitation to be avatar—a “manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.” This holiday gives permission to outside influences, that is, spiritual entities to speak to children and stir all things contrary to God.
No ministry or minister, no church or pastor, no believer should partake, promote, or prompt anyone to be involved in this holiday. Give it no place in your life. Give it no regard!
Truly, there are spiritual influences always involved in every aspect of life, including holidays and especially Halloween. It is never just a cute costume or a little bit of candy. It is training a child in the way they should go in life. It is teaching children to commune with darkness and death, and accept it as normal. It is anti-life, anti-christ, and anti-light. The Bible instructs believers to think on those things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, virtuous, praiseworthy, and of good report (Phil. 4:8). This holiday time is one completely contrary to Scripture; it has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit. To recognize it in any way is to work alongside spirits that oppose Christ. It actually mocks His glory and the creation of all that was declared good. Would this sort of activity been involved in the Garden of Eden prior to sin’s presence? It gained access and place in the Garden through Satan’s influences, and it is still gaining access in people’s lives through him.
May the Holy Spirit give the Church understanding and wisdom!
Is There Not A Cause? ITNAC
Dr. Gary H. Cote