Do you have an idea for a great show for Walterdale Theatre Associates to produce and that you have always wanted to direct? Now is the time to submit for the 2015-2016 season. Please submit the following materials:
- A copy of the script (if you submit the original script, it will be returned to you – photocopies will not be).
- A copy of your theatre résumé, highlighting your directorial experience both with Walterdale and in other theatrical settings.
- A Directorial Proposal (your concept) – including the following:
- Why you think this would be a good show for Walterdale to produce.
- Casting requirements (note: this must not include casting considerations. All casts for Walterdale productions must be selected from auditions).
- What Production Team (if any) you would bring with you into the project. Production team members are not required for a submission and can be recruited at a later date with the assistance of Walterdale.
- ANY information that might affect budget (e.g. Chorus size for a musical or size of ensemble in a straight play, desire for period dress, rental of special equipment).
- Recent Production history within the Edmonton area. Please provide information including most recent production(s) in the Edmonton area noting year of production and the company that produced the piece.
What kinds of shows are we looking for? Walterdale must meet the needs of a variety of people. The season must collectively entertain, encourage and challenge our diverse audience. Possible options to consider (but not limited to):
- A full-length Canadian script.
- A musical.
- Plays with good roles for both men and women, and with a variety of ages
- Dramas, Comedies, Thrillers, Classics, etc…
- A variety of topics and issues that many different people can relate to or learn from.
Applying directors are permitted to submit a maximum of 2 pieces for consideration for the season. Preference may be given to directors who did not direct a production in the most recent season.
If you are new to directing please contact Adam Kuss at Walterdaleadadam@gmail.com to find out how to become an Assistant Director.
Submissions should be sent to the following:
Adam Kuss, Artistic Director
c/o Walterdale Theatre Associates
10322 – 83rd Avenue NW
NOTE: the submission deadline has been extended until JANUARY 15
Late Submissions will not be considered.