The full project title is: High Performance PEM Electrolyzer for Cost-effective Grid Balancing Applications.
The work performed so far already developed, among other aspects, new catalyst (CNR) and membranes (SLV) which have been tested and assembled in MEAs (EWII). Further an assessment of the state of the art PEM electrolyser has been performed (ITM) and the investigation of the plant in the field started (SWE and HS-EL). Read more...
HPEM2GAS at conferences
The first results related to the HPEM2GAS project have already been presented/disseminated among – mostly – the relevant scientific community. Read more...
The city of Emden, a prosperous industrial and port city in the north-west of Germany, has faced the challenge of climate protection and energy saving efforts for more than 25 years. Numerous climate protection measures in recent years have contributed to a significant reduction in the emission of CO2 in urban areas.
Examples which may be mentioned are:
- energy saving program "Emder-Modell" of Stadtwerke Emden. This is now copied many times by energy suppliers. It promotes energy-efficient household technology
- formation of energy management for urban buildings (2004),
- introduction of climate protection management to implement the municipal climate protection concept (2012),
- implementation of the energetic urban renovation in Port Arthur / Transvaal (since 2012),
- expansion of electricity generation from regenerative energies (in 2013, more than 100% of the electricity consumed in Emden came from renewable sources, mainly wind power).