Currently, we have 92% of the 497 pledges we need to reach our goal, so we are almost there!! Once again, the 97 is to give recognition to the 97% of sexual assaults that go unreported. This number 97 is being used to demonstrate the need for this campaign, to assist people with not feeling so alone, and to help break the silence that so many sexual assault survivors experience after an assault. We are gaining more and more support every day.
However, we are still in need of your help to gain Thunderclap pledges because we want #IBelieveYou to spread far and wide so that it can help survivors and their friends and family. We want the public to understand the powerful words of I Believe You and how having support from loved ones can positively influence a survivors experience when talking about their sexual assault or sexual abuse.
Here is some general information about the Thunderclap aspect of the campaign:
- Thunderclap can be thought of as an “online flash mob.”
- To pledge on Thunderclap, simply to go www.ibelieveyou.info and click “Join the Movement.”
- You can then sign up using your Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr account.
- If the social cause #IBelieveYou, reaches the goal number of 497, the single message of “Believing is a powerful defense against sexual assault. Who will you tell? #IBelieveYou” will be posted to the individuals feed on September 30 - all at the same time to create a trending effect on social media.
- No other additional message will be posted
- Thunderclap will ask for the users “friends” list – however, Thunderclap will NOT interact with friends, store their information, or post on their behalf. The access to friends list is only used to gain permission to calculate the social reach.
- The social reach is how many users will be able to see this message if #IBelieveYou reaches its goal.
- People can also opt out of supporting a campaign if they no longer wish to support it.