It's been a busy summer and fall so far, hope you are doing well with your goals. We're coming up to the last month of CBR7, so check out the Leaderboard to see where you stand.
It's been an amazing year, and to date two Cannonballers have hit the QUADRUPLE mark of 208 reviews, badkittyuno and janniethestrange, and Bonnie is close behind at 197. Remember, if you don't see your total on the Leaderboard, you have to enter it manually.
We're doing another book exchange this year, coordinated by faintingviolet. Check out the post with the details, and make your wish list! Don't forget to hit the CBR BuyHole before you take care of any of your Amazon shopping needs.
Donations and Another Way to Fundraise
We've made two more donations to the American Cancer Society, which brings our total to $435 And in addition to fundraising via ads and Amazon, CBR has become a hosting affiliate with our hosting company, A Small Orange. Every purchase of website hosting through our link earns us $50! After our hosting debacle in March 2014, A Small Orange has been reliable and very helpful. I highly recommend them! Unique web hosting & 365/24/7 friendly support. Shared plans start at under $3 a month.
A big thank you to yesknopemaybe, who took over our Tumblr account at the beginning of the summer. It's been growing by leaps and bounds! Emmalita and Scootsa1000 continue to do a great job on our Twitter and Facebook accounts. If you're an Instagram guru and would like to take the reins of that account for us, please drop me a line.
You might have seen a weekly recap email of CBR posts in your inbox. We're doing a trial run of this email for a while, but plans are in the works for a more robust newsletter. If you're interested in writing for or producing a CBR Newsletter, please contact me.
We've had some fantastic comments from authors so far this year.
- Caroline Linden thanked HillaryM (@NerdlingAlong) for her review of Love in the Time of Scandal
- Piu Eatwell herself tweeted about yesknopemaybe’s review of her book The Dead Duke
- Ellie Marney thanked Malin for her review of Every Breath
- Lorraine Heath also thanked Malin for her review of The Duke and the Lady
- Fadia Faquir thanked bonnie for her review of Pillars of Salt
- Pamela Ribon tweeted an answer to Caitlin_D about a sequel to her book Why Girls Are Weird: “Thank you! [Whatever sequel you wrote in your head is better than the one I would've made.]”
- Jim C. Hines thanked Kinoumenthe for her review of his Goblin series
- John Simenon, son of author Georges Simenon, commented on Janniethestrange’s review of his father’s book The Mahe Circle:
- Donna Foley Mabry commented on ModernLove’s review of her book Maude
- Andie M. Long commented on Mrs. Julien’s one-star review of her book The Alphabet Game
- Sarina Bowen tweeted thanks to faintingviolet https://twitter.com/SarinaBowen/status/644823172194418688
- (First author comment on Instagram): Andi Teran thanked yesknopemaybe
- Glenda Carroll commented on Jenny S’s review of Dead in the Water
Best of and Worst of 2015
I'm going to work on a list of our favorite books and the stinkers we couldn't avoid. Think of what you'd put on either list and gather your review links. I'll send a separate email about that.
Yes the eighth Cannonball Read is right around the corner. Thanks to everyone helping out with this transition. I hope to see all of you and many more sign up for next year!
So good luck to all of you in this last month of Cannonball Read 7. Whether you did a quarter or a quadruple Cannonball, I'm so thankful for all of you!
Bonnie Wasielewski (aka "Mswas")
Coordinator of The Cannonball Read
Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram
“Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.” ― Vera Nazarian