Fifth and sixth grade parents are invited to join us Wednesday, May 4, from 11:30-12:30 in Miller Hall for a Q&A Panel about technology. You may bring a lunch to enjoy during our panel discussion.
Parenting Children in a Tech Obsessed World
- Are you aware of all the dangers your students are exposed to online?
- Do you know the social networks and apps your students are using and communicating with today?
- Do you understand the vocabulary, acronyms and slang students use when talking with each other?
- Do you know if your child has used a webcam, Skype or sent/received nude pictures of themselves?
- Do you know the technology that exists to help monitor children’s activities online?
Technology can be very beneficial. However, we cannot ignore the dangers of the digital world. Information is power. FPDS wants to partner with parents in raising your children to be Godly digital citizens. Join us as we discuss and brainstorm ways to protect and monitor your children as they are faced with many challenges regarding these issues.
If you have specific questions or concerns related to technology, please e-mail Trey Tracy email@example.com and we will discuss them at our Tech Talk May 4.